Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shin Chan Ramen, Solaris Mont Kiara

Was craving for Jap food last weekend. I wonder why. Probably influenced by AkeUs's blog entries on satisfying his Jap food cravings. Hehe. Anyways, KW had been itching to bring me to this Jap restaurant near his office, now that his workplace has been shifted to Solaris in Mont Kiara. We went on a Sunday evening and it was empty. Could be due to its location or that everyone's disappeared for a long weekend.

As we walked in, we don't get transported to a Japanese garden or village ambience. It was more of a modern minimalist (Zen) look and feel. Huge ceiling to waist high length mirrors, paper lantern lights hanging from the ceiling, wooden tables and chairs, mini feng shui waterfall at the entrance as well as Japanese piped in music and comics to entertain. It was clean and pleasantly peaceful. :P


My unagi don (with a half hard boiled egg)


My unagi don served with miso soup


KW's oyako don


KW's oyako don served with miso soup


Deep fried pork chop with salad


Pork chop served with a sweet sauce

Food was yummy. Definitely satisfied my craving. Price was reasonable for a Japanese restaurant in the location (not as expensive as Umai-ya) and for the quality of the food. I'm sure KW would return to the place now that he works nearby. I might follow him as well whenever i get my Jap food craving. :D

No comments: